Hospice Volunteers serve as a member of the hospice team by sharing skills and interests in a manner that both provides comfort and enriches the quality of life for those served.
- Direct Patient Care: Visits to Patient homes to facilitate socialization, promote hobbies, reminiscence, provide emotional and spiritual support, companionship, assistance with projects or errands, caregiver respite, bereavement support, bedside vigil, alternative therapies as appropriate
- Administrative/Office Support: Filing, customer service calls, bereavement calls, mailings, data entry, scanning, office projects
- Outreach: recruitment, education, marketing, fundraising, delivery of supplies to patients
- Must be dependable
- Must have good listening skills
- Must be a patient listener, and be comfortable with silence
- Must respect all beliefs, values and spiritual customs
- Must be able to provide comfort and supportive presence
- Must know your strengths and limits
- Must commit to attend volunteer orientation and training
- The Volunteer selection begins with an application and interview in which potential volunteers are carefully screened to ensure volunteer applicants are qualified and understand the expectations of being a hospice volunteer
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING BECOMING A BADGER HOSPICE VOLUNTEER, CALL 262-777-0390.