Badger Hospice, LLC, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Badger Hospice, LLC, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Badger Hospice, LLC will provide:
- Free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provide free language services to people whose primary language is not English, through:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services please contact the office directly at: (262) 222-1012.
If you believe that Badger Hospice, LLC has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Badger Hospice, LLC
125 North Executive Drive, Ste., 100
Brookfield, WI 53005
You can file a grievance in person or by mail or email.
Department of Quality Assurance Wisconsin Home Care/Hospice Hotline: 1-800-642-6552
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at http://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html